The FIAAA Board of Directors announced the recipients of awards and slate of officers that will be presented at the 2017 Annual State Conference...
At the January 2017 board meeting, the FIAAA Board of Directors announced the recipients of awards that will be presented at the May FIAAA Annual State Conference and the slate of 2017-18 officers that will be offered at the Annual FIAAA Meeting.
The award recipients are:
- Dr. Clarence Noe Outstanding Athletic Administrator – James "Jody" Phillips, Marion County Director of Athletics and former Ocala Forest High School Athletic Director
- FIAAA Meritorious Service Award – Nick Grasso, Pinellas County Director of Athletics
Dorothy Brunson Special Services Award
- Ronald Corbin, Martin County High School
- Kim McWilliams, Maclay School
- NIAAA State Award of Merit – Lauren Otero, Athletic Director, Tampa Plant High School
- Frank Kovaleski Professional Development Award Nominee – Jake Von Scherrer, Athletic Director, Maclay School
The 2017-18 slate of officers is as follows:
- President – Scott Drabczyk, CAA from Father Lopez Catholic High School
- President-Elect – Lauren Otero, CMAA from Tampa Plant High School
- Immediate Past President – Jerri Kelly, CAA from Lake Brantley High School
- Secretary – Roger Mayo, CAA from Escambia County Public Schools
- Treasurer – Michael Colby, CMAA from FHSAA
- Chaplain – Russell Wambles, CAA from Apopka High School
- Historian – Jay Rader, CAA – Retired AD
Congratulations to all.