The FIAAA Board of Directors announced the recipients of awards and slate of officers that will be presented at the 2018 Annual State Conference...
At the January 2018 board meeting, the FIAAA Board of Directors announced the recipients of awards that will be presented at the May FIAAA Annual State Conference and the slate of 2018-17 officers that will be offered at the Annual FIAAA Meeting.
The award recipients are:
- Dr. Clarence Noe Outstanding Athletic Administrator – Michael Brown, CAA – Winter Park High School Athletic Director
- Wayne Taylor Distinguished Service Award – Valerie Miyares, CAA – Palm Beach County Public Schools
Dorothy Brunson Special Services Award
- Dr. John Gelin, Citrus High School
- Dr. Michael Bennett, Lecanto High School
Section Athletic Director of the Year Award
- Michelle Faulk – Santa Fe High School – Section 1
- Jim Priest, CAA – Timber Creek High School – Section 2
- Lauren Otero, CMAA – Plant High School – Section 3
- Carlos Ochoa – Hialeah Gardens High School – Section 4
- NIAAA State Award of Merit – Russell Wambles, CMAA – Athletic Director, Apopka High School
- Frank Kovaleski Professional Development Award Nominee – Jake Von Scherrer, CMAA – Athletic Director, Maclay School
The 2017-18 slate of officers is as follows:
- President – Lauren Otero, CMAA from Tampa Plant High School
- President-Elect – Roger Mayo, CAA from Escambia County Public Schools
- Immediate Past President – Scott Drabczyk, CAA from Father Lopez Catholic High School
- Secretary – Rocky Gillis from Broward County Public Schools
- Treasurer – Donny Peek from Bloomingdale High School
- Chaplain – Ron Allan from Lecanto High School
- Historian – Russell Wambles, CMAA from Apopka High School
Congratulations to all.